Dear Friends of the Minnesota Water Well Association:
We are looking forward to being back in the metro area for our 100th Anniversary Celebration in 2022! Once again, we will be at the Minneapolis Marriott Northwest in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota. After the crazy year-and-a-half that was COVID-19, we are excited to once again participate in an in-person event, and at the same time celebrate!
Please take a moment to review the schedule of events and while it may look familiar, there will be time to refresh friendships and see all of our friends! Additionally, you will be able to obtain your CEUs IN PERSON this year!
Be sure to register NOW and reserve your room!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Sunday, January 30
- 10:00 a.m. — Setup begins — Northland Prefunction
- 1:00 p.m. — Early registration begins/vendors can begin setup — Northland Prefunction
- 2:00 p.m. — Board Meeting — Lake Superior Boardroom
- 6:00-11:00 p.m. — Welcome Reception — Great Room
Monday, January 31
- 8:00-10:00 a.m. — MDH (2 CEs) — Elm Creek Amphitheater
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Filtration Systems and Diagnosis of Problems (1 CE) — Elm Creek Amphitheater
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Correct Pressure Tank Sizing (1 CE) — Arbor Lakes Room
- 11:00 a.m. — Vendor lunch — Hennepin Salon 1 & 2
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — CDL Updates — What You Need to Know (1 CE) — Elm Creek Amphitheater
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — Jet Pumps 101 and Beyond (1 CE) — Arbor Lakes Room
- 12:00 p.m. — Floor open, lunch till 1:00 p.m. (lunch in Hennepin 1 & 2, trade show in Northland Ballroom)
- 3:30 p.m. — Open bar on floor until 4:30 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. — Floor closes — vendor teardown
- 5:30 p.m. — Banquet* service begins — Hennepin 1, 2, & 3
- 6:00 p.m. — Keynote, awards, legislative update
- 8:00 p.m. — Casino Night* begins — Minnesota Ballroom
* Be sure to indicate on the registration form if you will be attending these events.
Tuesday, February 1
- 8:00 a.m. — Annual Meeting and Breakfast* (must mark registration form that you will attend) — Hennepin Salon 3
- 10:00-11:00 a.m. — Update on Manganese and Arsenic, and Treatment Options (1 CE) — Hennepin Salon 1
- 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. — DOT — Hiring New Employees (1 CE) — Hennepin Salon 1
- 12:00 p.m. — Past Presidents Meeting — Hennepin Salon 2
- 2:00 p.m. — Board Meeting — Lake Superior Board Room
* Be sure to indicate on the registration form if you will be attending this event.
Wednesday, February 2
- 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. — Plumbing Refresher (8 CEs) — Lake Huron Room (lunch included)
MWWA is once again offering the Plumbing Refresher course for those needing CE units for their plumbing license. This year, presenter Scott Thompson will be giving 6 hours of class time going over drainage, waste, and venting as it pertains to Minnesota’s Uniform Plumbing Code which went into effect in January 2016. This course includes horizontal and vertical wet venting, cross-sectional venting, and DWV sizing according to the new code. Scott will also be providing a 2-hour presentation on the basics of water treatment. The course will include information and discussion on basic water chemistry, water testing, basic well contaminants, equipment, and application — all items critical to being successful in the water treatment industry. Cost for this course is $150.
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM TODAY!
Minneapolis Marriott Northwest
7025 Northland Dr. North
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428
MWWA has secured a limited block of rooms on a first serve basis at the Minneapolis Marriot Northwest at $117 per night (double room). These rates apply to the MWWA room block and are valid until the December 30, 2021 cutoff, unless our block has been filled before that date. When making your reservations, be sure to mention you are attending the MWWA Convention to receive this group rate. Remember, you are responsible for securing your own reservations. For guest check-in and checkout times, please contact the hotel directly.